- Fitsquad 40+
MEMBER LOGIN:€99 - 6 weeks JOIN NOW!
Want to get your body fit for your holidays?
Going on holidays, and, of course conscious of what we’re going to look like on the beach!
Some have been working for months for the perfect beach body, and others need to look at doing something pronto!
Now, at Fitsquad we don’t advocate a crash course; staying healthy and active is our mantra, but if some of you have got a couple of months before the flight takes off, here’s some stuff to focus on to ensure you’re toned, fit and ready to hit the beach…
1. Including resistance training as part of your exercise programme certainly tones the muscles. Resistance training – Weights - Weights Help raise your metabolism. Muscle burns more calories than fat, so the more muscle you have, the more calories you'll burn all day long. Strengthen your bones, especially important for women!
2. Train early – Exercising in the morning kick starts your metabolism and the benefits can last up to 15 hours after the training!
3. Keep your body and training balanced – When you look in the mirror you will generally look at your abdominal muscles, chest and biceps, and work on those areas, but working solely on these areas could deliver imbalances.
4.Make sure you tone up all round. CV exercise is good – When looking to tone up it’s easy to forget about Cardiovascular Training, however for a balanced health and fitness program, CV training is essential to ensure that your body’s most important muscle; your heart is trained too.
5. Train with a group - Its proven that you are more likely to stick with a program when training as part of a group and you will work harder than you would on your own!
6. Will sit ups give me a flat tummy? No. Sit ups do not make your stomach smaller. They tone up the muscles in your abdominal region and help you develop a flat stomach. If this flat stomach is what you mean by making your stomach smaller - the answer is yes. HOWEVER, if you do not control your diet and continue to eat high calorie junk food no matter how many sit ups you do in a day, you cannot lose your belly fat.
7. Core strength training – In addition to the heart, the other muscle group that is vital to train is your core or deep postural muscles. Good core strength will ‘pull everything in’ as well as greatly
8. The mind gives up before the body. People who see challenges and obstacles as temporary and as valuable learning experiences are the ones who never quit. If you learn from your experiences, not repeating what didn't work in the past, and if you choose to never quit, your success is inevitable.
9. Half a kilogram is enough – Attempting to lose weight faster than half a kilogram per week can lead to subsequent additional unwanted weight gain – you’ve been warned… Go natural when eating – Always try and select whole-food choices for meals and snacks. Processed foods are generally low in nutritional quality and high in unwanted fats and sugars. Avoid!
10. Core strength training – In addition to the heart, the other muscle group that is vital to train is your core or deep postural muscles. Good core strength will ‘pull everything in’ as well as greatly